Qualified Utility Maintenance (Full Time Position)
Why Recreation Excellence? Recreation Excellence is Serious about FUN! We strive to assist in the development of happy, healthy, responsible individuals and families. Our team takes pride in our core values, which include: helping to provide safe services in safe environments, helping individuals appreciate their innate worth, to care about others, and to experience the joy of learning. We have the freedom and flexibility to try new things, create new programs, and come up with innovative solutions and ideas. While providing opportunities for professional development and additional certifications, this energetic management team works hard to create a FUN, upbeat working environment! Recreation Excellence provides opportunities for advancement, learning and certifications, and even staff recruiting incentives!
The Qualified Utility Maintenance reports to the General Manager or designate, this position performs various duties related to the maintenance and operation of all recreation facilities within the Thunderchild Wellness Centre and works in accordance with established practices and procedures established. Work will be of a semi-skilled, and technical nature.
As a salaried position, the Qualified Utility Maintenance is expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and overtime as required.
- make and maintain ice surfaces to the required standards
- operate all ice resurfacing and associated equipment
- operate and maintain mechanical systems and equipment at the Thunderchild Wellness Centre
- perform a variety of building and equipment maintenance tasks
- transport materials, tools, and equipment to and from work sites
- maintain parks, playgrounds, and surrounding areas
- perform janitorial duties
- assist with set up and take down for community events occurring at the Thunderchild Wellness Centre
- fuel cars, trucks, and equipment
- ensure that all work performed is in accordance with safety standards set forth in the province of Saskatchewan, as it relates to occupational health & safety and that pursuant to regulations are adhered to including the use of PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE).
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively towards an efficient and effective work environment
The following experience, education & certifications are an asset:
- Grade 12 and Certification, tickets or formal training in;
- refrigeration (equivalent to BC 5th class)
- ice facility operations
- air conditioning
- building service worker
- standard first aid and CPR-C with AED
- WHMIS 2015
- valid experienced class 5 valid driver’s license (Saskatchewan)
- Experience with;
- operating ice making equipment
- building maintenance applications and software programs
- machinery, small equipment, tools
Required Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
- tools, equipment, procedures, principles, and methods used in icemaking
- refrigeration, building and equipment maintenance
- municipal public works
- recreation equipment and operations
- safety precautions necessary for the protection of the staff & public in the use of recreation facilities
- trained on CPR and Emergency Evacuation Procedures as well as WHMIS 2015
- do physical work involving bending lifting and moving of heavy or light objects
- work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements
- learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation
- read, understand, and interpret plans and specifications
- follow oral or written instructions and procedures
- work cooperatively with other employees and the public
- multitask to meet priorities and deadlines
- complete duties in a safe manner, following established safety rules and regulations
Note – The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work and are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed under a job title or those duties temporarily performed outside the normal line of work.
Wage to be determined based on experience and certifications. The successful candidates will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Vulnerable Persons search prior to commencing work and must maintain a clean Criminal Record to remain on staff.
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter!