Lifeguard & Swim Instructor (Part Time)
Why Recreation Excellence? Recreation Excellence is Serious about FUN! We strive to assist in the development of happy, healthy, responsible individuals and families. Our team takes pride in our core values, which include: helping to provide safe services in safe environments, helping individuals appreciate their innate worth, to care about others, and to experience the joy of learning. We have the freedom and flexibility to try new things, create new programs, and come up with innovative solutions and ideas. While providing opportunities for professional development and additional certifications, this energetic management team works hard to create a FUN, upbeat working environment! Recreation Excellence provides opportunities for advancement, learning and certifications, and even staff recruiting incentives!
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who love working with kids and are not afraid to get wet! Under the direction and supervision of the Management Team, Lifeguards and Swim Instructors will be responsible for ensuring that our guests have a safe, enjoyable, swimming experience while at our facilities. The right candidate will possess the beliefs of our 7 Unifying Principles: genuine respect, absolute trustworthiness, collaborative teamwork, open and transparent communication, perpetual growth, earnest reverence, and joyful humor and goodwill.
If this sounds like FUN but you do not have experience working in an aquatic environment, we would still love to meet with you!
Duties could include but are not limited to:
- Ensure guest safety and enforce pool rules while remaining alert and professional
- Deliver high quality, aquatic programs such as swimming lessons and special events
- Prevent and respond to emergencies
- Perform routine water tests
- Provide excellent customer service using tact and courtesy
- Work as part of a team and can follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- Must be motivated and adaptive
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
The following certifications would be an asset:
- National Lifeguard – Pool Option
- Swim Instructor
- Standard or Intermediate First Aid and CPR-C with AED
- If you do not currently hold these certifications, don’t fret! We offer courses in-house so send us an email and we can help get you started with our employee reimbursement program!
Wage to be determined based on experience and certifications. Employment includes a facility membership, and opportunities for additional training and education. The successful candidates must be a minimum of 15 years of age and will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Vulnerable Persons search prior to commencing work and must maintain a clean Criminal Record to remain on staff.
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter!