Facility Maintenance Manager (Full Time Position)
Why Recreation Excellence? Recreation Excellence is Serious about FUN! We strive to assist in the development of happy, healthy, responsible individuals and families. Our team takes pride in our core values, which include: helping to provide safe services in safe environments, helping individuals appreciate their innate worth, to care about others, and to experience the joy of learning. We have the freedom and flexibility to try new things, create new programs, and come up with innovative solutions and ideas. While providing opportunities for professional development and additional certifications, this energetic management team works hard to create a FUN, upbeat working environment! Recreation Excellence provides opportunities for advancement, learning and certifications, and even staff recruiting incentives!
The Facility Maintenance Manager reports to the General Manager (GM) or designate, and performs diversified work related to the maintenance and operation of all recreation facilities and works in accordance with established practices and procedures established. Work will be of a semi-skilled, technical nature.
The following experience, education & certifications are an asset:
- Completed grade 12
- Certification, tickets or formal training in;
- ice facility operations
- building service worker
- standard first aid and CPR-C with AED
- WHMIS 2015
- valid experienced class 5 valid driver’s license (Saskatchewan)
- Experience with;
- building services
Required Knowledge and Ability:
- tools, equipment, procedures, principles, and methods used in pool operations and building and equipment maintenance; and
- municipal public works and recreation equipment & operations;
- report writing
- do physical work involving bending lifting and moving of heavy or light objects;
- work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
- learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation;
- read, understand and interpret plans and specifications;
- follow oral or written instructions and procedures;
- work cooperatively with other employees and the public;
- multitask to meet priorities and deadlines; and
- complete duties in a safe manner, following established safety rules and regulations.
- operate and maintain mechanical systems and equipment at all recreation facilities;
- perform a variety of building and equipment maintenance tasks;
- transport materials, tools and equipment to and from work sites;
- maintain parks, playgrounds and surrounding areas if required;
- perform janitorial duties;
- assist with set up and take down for community events occurring at the facilities;
- fuel cars, trucks, and equipment;
- ensure that all work performed is in accordance with safety standards set forth in Worksafe Saskatchewan occupational health & safety manual and that pursuant to regulations are adhered to including the use of personal protective equipment;
- demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively towards an efficient and effective work environment;
- directly supervise staff;
- submit copies of their day timers of their projected and actual to do lists to the GM & special project/quality control on a weekly basis (Fridays);
- plan and attend an on-site meeting with the GM on a daily basis ;
- assist GM and AGM with staff training;
- submit a staff schedule to the GM;
- submit staff timesheets to the GM.
Note – The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work and are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed under a job title or those duties temporarily performed outside the normal line of work.
Wage to be determined based on experience and certifications. The successful candidates will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Vulnerable Persons search prior to commencing work and must maintain a clean Criminal Record to remain on staff.
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter!