Custodian (Full Time Position)
Why Recreation Excellence? Recreation Excellence is Serious about FUN! We strive to assist in the development of happy, healthy, responsible individuals and families. Our team takes pride in our core values, which include: helping to provide safe services in safe environments, helping individuals appreciate their innate worth, to care about others, and to experience the joy of learning. We have the freedom and flexibility to try new things, create new programs, and come up with innovative solutions and ideas. While providing opportunities for professional development and additional certifications, this energetic management team works hard to create a FUN, upbeat working environment! Recreation Excellence provides opportunities for advancement, learning and certifications, and even staff recruiting incentives!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team! Under the direction and supervision of the General Manager, the custodial staff will be responsible for ensuring that our guests have a safe, clean and enjoyable experience while at our facilities. The right candidate will possess the beliefs of our 7 Unifying Principles; genuine respect, absolute trustworthiness, collaborative teamwork, open and transparent communication, perpetual growth, earnest reverence and joyful humour and goodwill.
This position requires a flexible schedule, including daytime, evenings and weekend shifts.
If this sounds like FUN but you do not have experience, we still want to hear from you!
Duties could include but are not limited to:
- model behaviour as outlined in Organization’s 7 Unifying Principals
- demonstrate exemplary customer service
- ensuring the facility is clean and checklists are completed
- complies with all safety requirements
- floor cleaning
- vacuuming and shampooing of carpets
- disposing of garbage, recycling and other waste
- disinfecting surfaces, including desktops and shelves
- wash windows inside and out
- ensuring paper products and supplies are stocked and available for use
- perform other related duties as required
The following experience would be an asset:
- knowledge of cleaning supplies
- awareness of safety procedures
- familiar with safe chemical storage and handling
- WHMIS training provided
Wage to be determined based on experience and certifications. Employment includes a facility membership, and additional training and education opportunities. The successful candidates will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Vulnerable Persons search prior to commencing work and must maintain a clean Criminal Record to remain on staff.
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter!